I like Meatheads Memphis Dust recipe. I like it a lot. But it’s not quite what I want for my own tastes.
He does a spectacular write up about the sciences of rubs, and has done a ton of his own research. I do regale Meathead very highly in the world of Barbecue, but without innovation, no one gets anywhere. This is my specific version of his rub, I think my adaptations really take it to the next level, and they have become very popular among my friends.
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup Smoked paprika
- 1/8 cup garlic powder
- 1/8 cup onion powder
- 2 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Find your ingredients, and mix them together in a jar or bowl. Simple simple.