A great, quick, and easy way to have German chocolate cake in a mess free, portable design. As a rule, I personally don’t like sweets, but when I’m in the mood for them, I usually want German chocolate cake, so finding a way to have it, without making a mess, and without having a whole cake to sit around and eat, I decided to turn them into cookies.
Full disclosure, I used box cake mix, but they are still delicious. To save time and mess, I recommend you do the same. This method will also work to turn any box cake into cookies, so feel free to experiment with your favorite mixes. Red devils food cookies anyone?
- 1 box of German chocolate cake mix (15 to 20oz)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil (i used sunflower this time)
- 1 can coconut pecan frosting
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- Mix together the oil and eggs. I used a bowl and spatula, a mixer would be much quicker
- When the eggs and oil are combined well, add in the cake mix, and mix to a cookie dough texture. About 5 minutes by hand, less in a mixer.
- Scoop the dough out in tablespoon sized balls about an inch apart on a lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 7 to 9 minutes, until the edges start to brown.
- Eat when cool, or let sit at least an hour and frost.
- You can use this method for practically any cake of boxed cake mix, be creative
- Frosting is entirely optional, but it helps