Roasted chick peas are a wonderful, healthy snack, that is both easy to make and fun to eat. In my area, I can only find canned ones, and I personally dislike the mushiness, so I set out to find an better way, and here it is.
Crispy crunchy chick peas are mine and many others favorite part of some snack mixes. They take flavors well, take up very little space, and are great on the go. Only having access to canned chick peas, and not being a fan of hummus, it has been tricky getting what I want, until now.
- 2 cans of chick peas
- olive oil or cooking spray
- spice mix or seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Open the cans of peas and drain them in a colander
- Rinse with water and drain some more
- When the water stops coming out, pour onto a cookie sheet lined with papertowels
- Using more papertowels, rub the peas to separate loose skins and finish drying
- Remove the paper towels from the cookie sheet and spray peas with some spray
- Put in the oven for 60 to 90 minutes or so, until crispy and golden brown
- Remove from oven when desired crisp level, and season and serve
- Salt and pepper work well, but I recommend spicy or sweet mixes
- cooking times vary, mine took about 30 minutes this time, but they’ve also burnt in 15. Keep an eye on them